BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 19, 2012

Raspberry Upside-Down Cake

I'll admit this much, I was supposed to be studying yesterday. But I did take a few minutes, to look at this week's Gooseberry Patch Recipe of the Week. And it sounded delish! But as you know, I really didn't have the time, to give it a second thought, this week. So I "Favorited" the recipe. And hoped, to get back to it, later this week.

Little did I realize, but I was on this guy's laptop. And today, while I was at work, he got on his laptop. He was just hanging around the house. And he got the idea, to bake me this cake. So he called his grandma. Went out, and bought the ingredients. And when I got home, he not only had dinner made, but this beautiful cake! Yum!



Raspberry Upside-Down Cake

1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. sugar
1-1/2 c. raspberries
2 T. sliced almonds
1-1/2 c. biscuit baking mix
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
2 T. oil
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. almond extract
1 egg, beaten
Garnish: additional raspberries and sliced almonds

Drizzle butter in a 9" round cake pan; sprinkle sugar over top. Arrange raspberries, open ends up, over sugar mixture; sprinkle with almonds. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except garnish. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick tests clean. Immediately place a heatproof serving plate upside-down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake for one minute to allow sugar mixture to drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired and serve warm. Makes 9 servings.



It was so yummy! The perfect way, to end a very long day! I should tell you, that Pineapple Upside Down Cake, is my 2nd favorite cake. Right behind, a Fresh Strawberry Cake. With whipped cream! So this cake, already, has a sweet spot, in my heart!

From what I hear, this was a very easy cake to make! Minimal effort. With maximum impact! I am definitely printing out this recipe. And it's going to be one of those "go-to" recipes for me. The ones you reach for, when you want something fresh and easy. Something beautiful. And something beautiful to entertain with!

These are the little things, that make me realize, I have an AMAZING Man in my life! He knows, that this week, is a little nuts for me. Not much time, to take care of myself. Definitely, not time to take care of him. But he does these little things, that not only remind me, that he's taking care of me. But things that make my week so much calmer, easier, and enjoyable. This man, definitely knows, how to treat a woman! ♥

No comments: