BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mrs. Palmer's Fried Chicken

I have to say this much, My Guy is AMAZING!!! It's been a tough couple of days. If we're friends on Facebook, then you know why. And right now, that's all I'm going to say. I'm just not ready, to talk about it.

But back to this guy. He wanted to make me feel better. And he knows, that I REALLY LOVE fried chicken. But like me, he just doesn't attempt to make it. Not with his Grandma. Who makes the "World's Best Fried Chicken!" When we want fried chicken, we usually go to her.

This week, were still on the "road." Far from home. And I've been in a funk! A big one! So this guy, got the idea to make me, some fried chicken. He went to Google for a little help. And that sent him right to Gooseberry Patch. And this week's Recipe of the Week!



Mrs. Palmer's Fried Chicken

4 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 qt. buttermilk
salt and pepper to taste
2 c. self-rising flour
2 t. garlic powder
2 t. dried parsley
2 t. dried thyme
2 t. poultry seasoning
1 t. dried rosemary
1 t. pepper
1 qt. oil
Garnish: chicken gravy or sweet-and-sour sauce

Cut chicken into strips, approximately 3 per breast. Place chicken in a large plastic zipping bag; pour buttermilk over chicken. Seal bag and chill for 2 to 3 hours. Drain chicken, discarding buttermilk; season chicken with salt and pepper. In a separate plastic zipping bag, combine flour and seasonings; seal bag and shake to mix well. Add chicken to bag, a few strips at a time; coat thoroughly. Heat oil to 350 degrees in an electric skillet. Carefully place chicken into hot oil; cook until both sides are golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with chicken gravy or sweet-and-sour sauce. Serves 4.



And that is the yumminess, that My Guy made me. With the best mashed potatoes. And corn on the cob. Heck, he even managed a peach cobbler, with vanilla ice cream! Carb Heaven I tell you! It was the best thing, to drown out my sorrows. This is definitely a meal, that we're going to come back to. Many times!!!

It's these tough times, that remind me, he's perfect! Takes care of me, when I need it most. Whether it's listening to long stories about my childhood, traveling home with me, or cooking for me...he does it. No questions asked! My Guy even ordered this cookbook for me. Thank You My Love!!!

No comments: