BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crochet Along: Some Tips

On Sunday, I had mentioned that I was starting a second blanket. I started it. Stopped, and looked. I was using 4 ply yarn, and a size H hook. But it seemed small. I found myself at a stop. I wanted a slightly larger blanket. One that I could cuddle up under. So I took it apart, and added another bunny block across. This means that you must start with a chain 185. The adjustment will give 5 blocks across. And I'm thinking my finished blanket is going to be 5X6.

Manders also mentioned that she was making a baby blanket. And she didn't like the original size of the pattern. She called me. And I gave her these new adjustments. She's using baby weight yarn, and a size G hook. And according to Manders, this makes for a blanket, that is "crib" size.



But that also got time thinking. I wanted to make a baby blanket. One to add to a growing collection. That I'm donating, to the NICU, where I work. I knew that the original was slightly, too large. Because those babies are itty bitty!

So I started playing with the pattern. I thought. 2 blocks, with more double crochets in between. Making a larger border. But I didn't like it. So I decided to go with, 3 blocks across. You start with a chain 113. Then continue with the pattern. I haven't decided yet, if I'm going to make it 3X3, or 3X4. We'll just have to wait and see. In case you were wondering, I'm using Baby Bernat Sport Yarn, in white. And a G hook.

I told you, that we are here to help out! I just wanted to share a few adjustments, in case you were interested. A few of you were. Because I received, about 10 e-mails, on Monday. I hope this helps. Personally, I think that the odd number of bunnies, is more pleasing to the eye. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Hopefully, this helps with your goal this week. See you Sunday!

No comments: