BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Watermelon Lemonade

Yesterday, this guy and I, landed in the desert. We raced to find a cool place, to just be. Ate a yummy dinner at PF Chang's. And headed to my home to pick up a few things. 105 degrees outside. Like 130 degrees in my home! Let's just say, it was a quick "in and out" sort of trip.

And because I'm "Under the Weather," this week, we headed home. Almost as soon as I found my PJs, favorite slippers, and a good book. Hello refrigerated air. I LOVE you! In a way, that if we ever had to split our assets, I'd fight for that beautiful machine! Our home, went from triple digits, to 68 glorious degrees, in minutes! :)

But we still needed something to quench our thirst. We had a pretty exciting adventure at my home last night. What was supposed to be 5 minutes, took 2 hours. And when we drove the 10 minutes, to our new "Ranch," well all I could think was, I need something ice cold. And a glorious bath!

My Guy had made an earlier run to the store. Picked us up a few essentials. And then told me about this recipe. Yes, this guy, checks out Gooseberry Patch, from time to time. And all that was on his mind, was this week's Recipe of the Week. Hello watermelon goodness!!!



Watermelon Lemonade

4 c. watermelon, chopped
1 c. sugar
1-1/2 c. lemon juice
6 c. cold water

Place watermelon in a blender; process until smooth and set aside. In a large pitcher, combine sugar and lemon juice; stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in water. Add watermelon; mix well. Serve very cold; stir well before serving. Makes 8-10 servings.



Let me just say a few things. One, this recipe is super easy! Yes, this man, made it from beginning to end. All I did, was change into some comfy PJs, and meet him on our back patio. Literally, in less than 5 minutes, we had a pitcher of watermelon goodness! Secondly, it says 8-10 servings. The 2 of us, polished off a pitcher, in no time! Lastly, this was perfect, over ice, in a fun cocktail glass. With a super fun straw, and watermelon slice as a garnish. It was love!

Oh, and if you adore an Agua Fresca, this is your drink! I'm actually excited to try it again tonight. With Miss Kimbo and Miss Thea, who will be staying with me. Since this guy, had to leave at 2AM. To make it to work on time. But when I try this today, I'm going to use lime juice, instead of lemon. Should be AMAZING!!! Between, instead of sugar, we used Splenda. And only 1/3 cup.

1 comment:

Koi Pond Liner said...

I was browsing from since morning in search of music notes in that search sudden i got your post its really nice and interesting also.