BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mandarin Orange Cake

The last couple of weeks, have just been crazy! My family has needed me. My friends have needed me. This amazing man has needed me. And I just can't be in all these places, at the same time. Let me just tell you, I've been feeling incredibly guilty!

To make up to my favorite guy, I wanted to make him an AMAZING meal. Have us a little celebration! So I planned on all his favorites. But when it came to dessert, I wanted to try something new. So I took to Google. And when I Googled oranges, this guy's favorite, I was sent to Gooseberry Patch! And this week's Recipe of the Week! Mandarin Orange Cake. Yum! Even I was intrigued. :)



Mandarin Orange Cake

18-1/2 oz. pkg. white cake mix
11-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained and juice reserved
3 egg whites
1/2 c. oil
2 8-oz. cans crushed pineapple
3-1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
8-oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 c. sweetened flaked coconut, divided

Combine cake mix, reserved juice, egg whites and oil. Blend with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, until creamy. Fold in oranges; pour into a greased and floured 13"x9" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Pour pineapple and its juice into a medium bowl; stir in pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping and 1/2 cup coconut. Mix well; chill while cake is cooling. Spread over top and sides; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated. Serves 12.



Do you see that last line? Serves 12. Um, it served 2!!! And I'm not lying. It was so good, that on Monday night, we gobbled the entire thing down! And it was delicious. This is a light cake. Not as in calories. But as in "light and fresh." Perfect for Summer! Perfect for My Guy. Perfect for all these Summer "Get Togethers." I can see this little cake, making an appearance around our home, many times! I already can't wait, to bake a second one.

No comments: