BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Very Patriotic

A little exhausted here. But a HUGE Congrats to Dawn and Alejandro!!! My Guy and I, are on our way to "Wine Country." To spend a little time together. Oh ya, My Mr. has to work first. This afternoon. Then we'll spend the night, enjoying the beauty of the area. Before we head back to the Southwest. To hangout with Miss Lilah. And prepare for one more wedding.

In the meantime, I'm trying to stay awake. Because I feel guilty sleeping. You know, since My Guy is working from the airplane. And has an entire work day ahead. Even though we ONLY got 2 hours of sleep. A sign of a good wedding! :) So to keep myself occupied, I thought I'd put together some 4th of July ideas. Since we're throwing a big 'ol BBQ for our friends and family. I can't wait to get to the sandy beaches of Florida!!!

First up, is decor. I'm a sucker for holiday decorations! I generally start at the Dollar Tree. Then build from there. In the last 11 years, you'd be so surprised by the collection I've grown. Of nice holiday things, after the holiday. All on clearance. Not just Dollar Tree finds. I'm talking upscale stuff, for a few dollars!!!



And I like handmade. Fun paper decorations and labels. Things that scream "Holiday Fun!" Like these!



Or this...totally a Dollar Tree spread. But so fun! This is something I used to do all the time. And little by little, I've added other staples. Like nice tablecloths. Quality flags and bows. Fun colored glass and platters. But this is a nice place to start. :)



How about some food? You can't forget the food! It's the most IMPORTANT part of the deal! Look for seasonal food. American classics. And anything in red, white, or blue!!!



These fun and easy cookies, are a MUST! As in, I MUST bake these!!! Yum, just looking at this picture, makes me hungry. And smile!



Maybe even some Cake Balls! You can't go wrong with Cake Balls. They are super fun! And even easier to make!!! The possibilities are endless. :)

I'm so excited about the 4th of July!!! I can't wait to get cooking, and baking. I really can't wait to decorate. And of course, celebrate with our loved ones! Do you have any Patriotic Ideas? I'd LOVE to hear about them! I've been on Pinterest for a while. Collecting all these ideas. But I could always use more!!!

No comments: