BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Soft Taco Casserole

The last few weeks, have just been nuts! I'm exhausted. But grateful. And so happy, that my Mr. was able to come out here, for a few days. With that, we've just been taking life, a little slower. At least yesterday and today.

With that, I don't really feel like cooking. Not the big meals, that this guy has gotten used to. So I went to Gooseberry Patch for some ideas. And this week's Recipe of the Week, is just what I was looking for. A tasty, but easy, casserole.



Soft Taco Casserole

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
10-3/4 oz. can tomato soup
1 c. salsa
1/2 c. milk
8-1/2 oz. can peas & carrots, drained
7 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares
1-1/2 t. chili powder
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese; spread in a 2-quart casserole dish sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until cheese melts. Makes 4 servings.



It's funny. When I was little, my Auntie and Grandma, both made tacos with mixed veggies. It's not something you see a lot. But it is tasty! This recipe, just reminded me of their tacos. Yum! Maybe I might try whipping up a batch of those, next week.

Right now, we have our casserole in the oven. I've also made a salad. And this guy, is in charge of dessert. It has been one emotional week. And I'm so grateful, for this time to just sit and relax. I know, we tend to forget to do that. And you know what, it's really important. It helps to re-energize a person. Making life a whole lot happier!

No comments: