BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Roasted Walnut & Pear Salad

I don't even know where to begin. Life has been so crazy! And I'm just ready, to stop. But the month of June, is just nuts for me! The "Bridal Tea" that was planned earlier this week, was moved. And the Baptismo, this weekend, was changed. I'm still feeling a total sense of loss. And very unmotivated.

But I must power through. I know. It's hard to move forward. Especially this soon after, a great loss. But I'm moving. And I'm trying to get plans together, for Dawn's party. Tomorrow. Everything I had previously planned, went out the window Monday. Sorry Dawn!

Instead, I've decided on an afternoon get together. Just us gals still. But days later. With much simpler food. To compensate, we're going to have a "jewelry making" afternoon. This guy, just amazes me! He bought us tons and tons of stuff, from Tori Spellings new line. :)

And I've been putting together lots of easy, but tasty recipes. Essentially, I'm going to have about 2 hours, to get it together. :) This week's Gooseberry Patch Recipe of the Week, just seems so perfect! Light, easy, and tasty.



Roasted Walnut & Pear Salad

1 head romaine lettuce, torn
2 c. pears, thinly sliced
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 c. walnuts
2 T. butter
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
4-oz. pkg. crumbled blue cheese
8-oz. bottle raspberry white wine vinegar salad dressing

Place lettuce in a large serving bowl; lay pears on top and add tomatoes. In a medium skillet, roast walnuts in butter until golden; add brown sugar and stir over low heat until walnuts are hardened with glaze. Add walnuts to salads, sprinkle on blue cheese and toss with vinegar dressing. Makes 6 to 8 servings.



Doesn't this sound AMAZING? Honestly, I'm looking forward to hanging out with my gal pals. I NEED to just relax. And enjoy life a little. Today was such a tough one. I can't even describe to you, the crazy amount of emotions, that were going on. Saying goodbye to my SIL, was like saying goodbye to my sister. ♥

No comments: