BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

We Can Do This



My Guy and I realized something over the last few days. We can do this. We can have kids. Yes, we can! And now more than ever, we want to be parents.

We've always wanted kids. ALWAYS! Both of us. It was one of those serious talks, that we had way before our first date. You see, we talked on the phone for months, before we went on a date. Because I lived in the SW. And he lives in the SE.

But kids have always been on our radar. We took care of his nieces, for an extended period of time. I've taken care of my nieces and nephews in the past. But there was something about the last few days. I can't put my finger on it. We just realized, we can do this.

We decided to spend time with 3 of my Goddaughters. We honestly had a blast! My Guy was on diaper duty. Because I just can't deal with that. I know. I need to get over it. But I'm not there yet. Maybe one day.

Overall, we just had fun! Spent lots of time playing, laughing, reading, feeding the birds, and doing a little bit of shopping. I found My Guy and Maribel playing "Tea" yesterday afternoon. And I nearly died! My heart just melted. Because I know that he wants a couple "little ones" himself.

We may have forgotten about nap time. And totally refused to make the kiddos go to bed at bedtime. Cari stayed up with us watching all her favorite movies. We indulged the kiddos in lots of room service. A few ice cream sundaes. And a lot of "story time." We all really enjoy reading. And Abby, she was all about giving my "Blue Eyes" plenty of kisses! So cute!

Maybe we're getting older. Maybe we've just come to "that point" in our relationship. But anyway that you think about it, we now realize that we can be parents. We want to be parents. Now we just need to think of all those other things. Like becoming an official "Mr. and Mrs." You know, before adding to our "family." ♥

No comments: