BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Family Love

I mentioned yesterday, that we spent the day with My Guy's family. It doesn't happen often. But when it does, we all enjoy it so much! I just wish that our schedule would allow for more time like this. To enjoy the people that we love.

We spent the day helping out My Guy's grandma. Working on projects that needed to get done. Enjoying lunch together. Lots of amazing and fun stories. And of course, lots of laughter. She told us so many wonderful stories. Stories about her and her husband. Such an amazing couple, they must have been!

Later, we picked up 2 of the most precious cuties. From school. They had missed their uncle so much! And the rest of the family joined us for a BBQ. Were again, we shared lots of fun. Many laughs, amazing food, and just some good "old fashion family time."

But during all of this, My Guy's grandma, told me that she had something to show me. And to ask me. I was kind of intrigued. What could it be? She goes over to her laptop. Yes, she is a "high tech granny." And opens up this picture...



So pretty! She wanted to know if I could make her something like this. She really likes it. Or if I couldn't, would I know where she could find one. Um, I don't crochet a lot with thread, but I thought, heck, I'll give it a try.

Just some family time. You know, families do things like this for each other. Grandma always makes me fried apples, or Monkey Munch, or fried chicken. I'm more than positive, I can figure out something. Because I love her. And respect her so much.

There is one thing that I really do love about My Guy and his family, their closeness. They don't forget about each other. Their love honestly grows by the second. That is truly amazing. This family is never envious of each other. Just loving!

And I'm so blessed, that they've welcomed me with open arms. Yesterday, was the day my soul needed. A day filled with love, laughter, and family. Even doing the dishes, is fun with these people. I'm so blessed to be a part of their family. Now I need to put a little love into a hook and thread. Because no one deserves it more, than Grandma! ♥

No comments: