BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Making a Home...

I don't remember how I found this blog. And it just happened a few days ago. But I'm in love with Kammy's Korner! This blog, makes me think, I can do anything!

It should be no secret, to any of my readers, that in the last 6 months, this man has bought 2 new homes. That I need to decorate. From across the country! I also don't want to spend a lot of money. Being that we won't spend a whole lot of time, in any of these homes.

I've been getting inspired by Jamielyn. And I want to jump into the world of rescuing, and refinishing furniture. Don't get me wrong, there are certain things, that even I have to say, we need to buy new. Soft furniture, like couches, certain chairs, and of course mattresses.

But for tables, bed frames, wooden chairs, shelves, things like that...I'm ready to try my adventures in refinishing. For months and months, I've been researching. I hadn't had much of a plan. But even I have to say this, at least one of our homes needs to be finished. Complete. Something that is inviting, to our friends and family.

We've only lived in our primary home, for a few months. I don't think I've shared every move we've had to make. Let's just say, we haven't had the best luck in houses. And at times, we've shared a small studio type of place, with 2 dogs, and 2 cats. Above this man's car collection. Talk about nuts!!! The first home this man lived in, when I met him, got seriously damaged. Due to hurricane winds. And became structurally unstable. We certainly couldn't live there. That was just the beginning...

But this home, we took a lot of careful planning, when it came to this home. We had contractors, architects, and builders come from 10 different states. This home is built to withstand so much! No safety measure or expense, was overlooked. This, is hopefully, our "Forever Home." Because I can't handle another move!!! I just don't have it in me...

With that said, our current home, lacks space for others to spend the night. Our spaces are complete. Our bedroom, bathroom, closets, the kitchen, dining room, living room, and this guy's computer room. But honestly, the other half of the house is pretty boring. No furniture. A few things, in each room. In the closets!!!

Because with this home, my motto has been, "If we don't love it, it doesn't come in." Simple. But then, it leads to a half empty home. And a very unmotivated woman. And a man, that doesn't mind. Because he travels most of the week.

Me, I mind! I mind that there isn't room, for Little Sister to stay the night. And some nights, she leaves our home at 2AM. To drive an hour home. It bothers me, that my friends are coming out, in just a few days, and we have no room for them. It bothers me, that my best friend, doesn't have a place to spend the night.

So this blog, has totally motivated me! Almost every day, I make an hour drive to work. An another hour home. If I hit the happy "Traffic Hour," it's a lot more time. Say 3 hours one way!!! But on this long drive that I make, from the large city, to the BFE where we live, I pass tons of homes. And all those people, are always throwing out furniture. Perfectly fine furniture.

I told this guy, I need to start driving his truck to work. That way, I can stop and pick up some of these gorgeous pieces. You know, before the trash truck does! And I'd love to redo them. In fact, I find myself, dreaming up ideas, for the random furniture, that I see on the side of the road.

To be 100% honest, I was jealous when Jamielyn found this bed. And thought to myself, "Now why I can't I find something like that?" Then about a week later, I did. Too bad I was already running late to work. And in a small sports car. That king sized bed, would have never fit! But now that Kammy posted about her Master Bedroom Makeover...I hope I find another bed! And soon!!!



You have to see the "Before and After." It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! The perfect bed, for 1 of our guest rooms. :) The one that opens up to the garden. I'm sure Little Sister would love to stay the night, in this room. Or even Grandma!!! I just adore the bedding. Where in the world did Kammy get that duvet? Now I need someone, to throw out a bed... ♥

No comments: