BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 24, 2012

California Cobb Salad

I'm IN LOVE with the fact, that my friends are in town for a few days. OK, 2 weeks! But who's counting? In the midst of all the craziness, that is a gig schedule, I've carved out some time. To spend some much needed time, with some of my closest and dearest friends. I LOVE you guys!!!

And early this week, I decided we needed to have a little "get to together." I knew, I wanted to take advantage of our AMAZING backyard. It's like paradise back there. And we rarely use it. It's a shame! But I figured, the kiddos would have a wonderful place, to run around. :) Perfection!!!

But it's been H-O-T as heck! We keep hearing about this tropical storm...that should be here next week. But honestly, it's just been hot. Just plain hot and sticky! And that means, I don't want to cook. Heck, I barely want to eat. So I want something light, and fresh. Oh, thank goodness for Gooseberry Patch! And this week's Recipe of the Week. The California Cobb Salad.




California Cobb Salad

1 head lettuce, shredded
3 c. cooked turkey, cubed
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
3/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
1 c. green onion, chopped
8-oz. bottle Ranch salad dressing

Divide lettuce among 4 to 6 salad plates. Arrange remaining ingredients except dressing in rows over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing to taste. Makes 4 to 6 servings.



Well, I use most recipes, as a guide. And inspiration. This one, is no different. I made my own Ranch dressing. From scratch. Yum! I need to do that again. And soon! I also made a few upgrades. I used Romaine lettuce. I had some Roast Beef, that we had on hand. A cut up some cucumbers and carrots. The perfect additions.

This was the perfect little meal. In all this heat. With a HUGE variety of fruit. And some rather delicious cookies. You know how I LOVE to bake! Let's not forget, the fresh raspberry lemonade! The perfect summer lunch. Not too heavy. Just perfect in this summer heat! We must do it once again. :) And very soon!

No comments: