BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 18, 2011

His Dad...



Today is the anniversary of My Guy's Dad's death. It was unexpected, sudden, and tragic. A day he'll never forget. A day that not until recently, he'd kept very private, and to himself.

After all the things that happened with my Dad, we sat and talked. My Guy was AMAZING through that entire time! Utterly amazing. He was there for me. Let me cry. Let me just be. Then he shared his story, and his Daddy's story. Heartbreaking! Just heartbreaking.

I've known that this day was coming for a while now. That it was going to be a tough one. A big anniversary. Not just today. But that weeks leading up to, and following this day. All the memories. The questions. The comments. It's a lot for anyone to bear.

So I'm here for My Guy today. I want to be the strong one. The person for him to lean on. The shoulder for him to cry on. Yes, I know men don't like to talk about these things. Heck, they try to keep most stuff like this private. But I'm going to be here.

I know that My Guy an his Daddy had an amazing relationship. Something that most people wouldn't understand. A bond that is unbreakable. Even after all these years. It truly is amazing to hear My Guy talk about his Daddy. You can just feel the love that they shared.

Unfortunately, I never got to meet this amazing man. The man that shaped the man that I love. But he was also amazing. Had a heart of gold! And from what I hear, it was HUGE!

Today we are going to remember him, and celebrate his amazing life! Rest in peace. Know that you were and will always be so loved. By so many people. But most of all by your family, your son, and also by me. ♥

No comments: