Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Can We Start Over?

We've had a pretty hilarious day, thus far. And it's still early. But that's our life. And we're who we are. No changing that. I'm pretty sure that My Guy and I are a little old, and set in our ways. :)

Usually we have dinner with his grandma on Monday nights. You know, as long as we're in town. And we don't have to work. Heck, there have been times when I go to her house for dinner, while My Guy has to work. He has to miss out, but I don't! She makes dinner, I take dessert, and then I do all the cleaning. Because I just LOVE spending time with her. Hearing stories from the past. But this week, it just didn't happen. There were a few things that got in the way.

So, she came over for breakfast this morning. Probably not the best time to have planned this. Since I had a doctor's appointment, My Guy had to go to work, and we were getting ready to head west. But we hadn't seen each other in a long time. And I truly had missed her. We still had a yummy breakfast! I LOVE the fact that she LOVES Mexican food. So we had chiquichilles. So yummy!

On the way to my doctor's appointment, something happened to the car. And while My Guy was trying to figure it out, hood up and all, someone recognized him. Before I knew it, I was hiding under a seat in the back, he was on the phone with his assistant, and there were at least 20 cars stopped on the side of the road. All those people were taking pictures of him! Craziness!!!

I think I've said it more than once on here, but Mondays are our Sundays. Therefore, Tuesdays are our Mondays. And believe me, today FELT just like a MONDAY! Everything going wrong, and a HUGE list of things to do.

We lucked out a bit. One of My Guy's friends happened to see us stranded on the side of the road. He called a buddy of his, that owns a tow truck. And by the time My Guy's assistant got there, they were hooking up the tow truck. Some whispers were exchanged. We, or I should say I, was towed half a block into some random garage. Where I was able to sneak into the assistant's car. And then we were off to the doctor. Crazy! But no one saw me. :)

I was late to my appointment. My doctor was nowhere to be found. And I fell asleep in the waiting room. My Guy, he had to rush to work. Ya, we broke down maybe 5 minutes from his job. But they had to drive 2 hours to my appointment and back. After his meeting, he came to pick me up. I was asleep. In the waiting room. Still hadn't seen the doctor...

Eventually, I was checked out. I'm "A OK." Well, thanks! I knew that. We missed our scheduled flight out of town. And had to wait to be cleared for another take off. 2 hours in an airplane. On the tarmac. Ya, it's been a tough one.

I'm just happy to be going home. To the SW. Where I belong! Hopefully tomorrow is more kind to us. I can't take another day like this. Oh, and we might just tell my Dad about this whole relationship thing. You know, since we've almost been dating for 3 years! Where in the heck has all the time gone?

No comments: