BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 15, 2010

Monster Munch

In the midst of all of this sadness, life is still moving forward. I feel guilty. I'm being honest here. But I feel guilty doing anything besides sitting at Baby C's bedside.

But like I said, life still moves forward. And sometimes, you're just pushed forward. Like yesterday afternoon when My Guy's nieces asked me, what I was making for Halloween. Halloween? Oh ya, it's in a few weeks. And I like to make them yummy snacks and food. So I got to searching for a few new recipes. And I found one that is super easy! Another Free Recipe of the Week from Gooseberry Patch.




Monster Munch

9 c. cereal or small crackers of your choice
4 c. popped popcorn
1-1/2 c. dry roasted peanuts
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. baking soda
2 c. candy-coated chocolates

Lightly grease a large roasting pan; stir in cereal or crackers, popcorn and peanuts. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla and baking soda. Mix well and pour over mixture in roasting pan; toss to coat. Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely; add candy, tossing to mix. Store in an airtight container. Makes 12 to 16 servings.

Doesn't that sound yummy? I think it would be fun to make a big batch. And then, sit around watching some of your favorite Halloween movies. That puts a smile on my face. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! So many great childhood memories are attached to this time of year. I can't wait until I get an evening with 2 of my favorite little girls. To enjoy a few laughs, some yummy food, and maybe Hocus Pocus! ♥

No comments: