BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 11, 2010

Good News, Bad News



So much has happened in the last 24 hours. 24 hours ago, all I wanted was for My Guy to have an amazing birthday. And for Baby C to be born healthy. For her and her mommy to be healthy and happy.

Yesterday evening, My Guy and I were on our way to Sin City. We were going to celebrate his birthday. He had had a long weekend. And I wanted him to enjoy the last few hours of the weekend. I had talked to my friend, and she was finally in active labor! 9 days after her due date! I asked her if she wanted us to go home. She said to go celebrate My Guy. She wanted that. And that we could come see her and Baby C today. Because she knew Barracuda would be on his way.

Barracuda had had an amazing day! He was so happy. And was just ecstatic when I told him the good news. Yes, Baby C was definitely on her way. We had all waited so long! And "Uncle Barracuda" was on his way to see my friend. :)

During My Guy's birthday party, we got the one call we didn't expect. The one that we never saw coming. We could have never dreamt up. My friend had been in an accident. A drunk driver had plowed into her Midwife's car. While they were just a few miles from the hospital. It was a bad accident. And both were now in the hospital.

My Guy and I didn't hesitate. He called the airport for clearance. I didn't have time to talk to anyone. We were just running out the door. This was way too important. By the time we got to the hospital, my best friend was in the ICU. Having come out of the first of many surgeries. She looked so weak, and pale.

I cried. I couldn't help myself. It shocked and scared me. You would think, I'd be used to this. I work in the hospital. But I'm not used to my loved ones being the patients. I was still in shock. Hours before, we had been talking. She was so excited about Baby C's delivery. Now, she was fighting for her life.

After talking with Barracuda, we decided to go check on Baby C. She had been moved to another hospital. A nearby Children's Hospital. I didn't know what to expect. During that 20 minute air trip, and short commute, we finally saw Baby C.

I wasn't fully prepared to see this little girl in the NICU. Hooked up to so many machines. Having already been through one surgery. To say that it was tough, that was an understatement. I never imagined her birth would have happened like this.

This beautiful little girl, she should have been in her mommy's arms. She should be breastfeeding. And enjoying her first few hours of life. Instead, she was fighting for her life.

These last 24 hours, they've been a blur. Everything from enjoying a nice dinner and some dancing with My Guy. To sitting in a cold hospital, just praying that these amazing 2 spirits will survive this.

My Guy's family, they've been amazing. Right here. They've stayed with Baby C since she was moved. And they haven't left our sides. Barracuda and his mom, they've been with my friend. Together, we just pray. And try to be a comfort to our loved ones. There's not much more that we can do. But pray. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. They are going to need all the help and support that they can get. ♥

No comments: