Friday, October 22, 2010

Am I Going to Be Ready?

1 month ago today, I found out about this 5K. I knew about it before then. But that's the day, I found out the actual date. It's in 15 days. No lie! And I just started training. As in, Sunday morning...

I usually run. Every single day. At least a mile. But usually more like 2 or 3 miles. By the end of the summer I was up to 5 miles a day! I was so proud of myself. But lately, things have been crazy. For about 2 months now, life has been ridiculously busy. The last 2 weeks, have been especially bad. But honestly, I wish I was still back home with Baby C. She is way more important than all of this.

Sunday, I decided that I needed to get my butt moving. I was 20 days away from running a 5K. I got up early, and somehow got My Guy to go running with me. We ran a mile. And walked the mile back to the house. It felt good. There is something incredible about running in the cool air. :)

Monday, My Guy had to work again. It's a little weird for him to work Monday and Tuesday. But this week, he had to. So he got up before me, again. Had me a glass of juice and a little snack ready. Then we went to run. A mile and a half! After that, we walked back to the house. Honestly, I thought I was going to die!

That was 3 miles on Monday morning. I was really sore from Sunday. And my back was really hurting. I don't know why. But on Sunday, I woke up with such a sore back. I could barely get out of bed. On Monday, ugh, I was in some fierce pain!

Tuesday, I could barely get out of bed. It didn't help that My Guy didn't have to be at work until near noon. His first day to sleep in since October 7th? I think that was the last day. Anyway, he was happily in bed. Asleep. And felt like I should be there too. Ugh, but I had to run.

So I literally rolled out of bed. Looked for some shoes and was out the door. Yes, I went running in my pjs. I mean, who in world is going to see me? We live in the BFE. And I run on our trails. No one in sight! I don't think our animals cared what I was wearing. They were the only ones awake at that hour. And just so you know, I had on 2 different shoes. I realized this on the walk back...

Wednesday, I had to run on the treadmill. I was already in Sin City. I'm not a fan of running outside here. So I ran on the treadmill. For 1 1/2 miles. My 3rd day at 1 1/2 miles. And I hated it. I just can't run on a treadmill. I hate it!

Yesterday, it was another mile and a half. Really annoying. But today, I branched out. I went running with some friends. Outside! Praise the Lord! I rather run outside than on a treadmill. Even though it was cold. And icky from all the rain. Oh, and we left in the dark. But it was a good run. And we ran 2 miles! :)

So am I crazy? I'm trying to get in gear for a 5K. In less than 3 weeks! I started with a mile. And I hope by this coming Monday, that I'm running 2 1/2 miles a day. My goal is to be running 3 miles by October 30th. Ugh! I should have been training weeks ago! You know doing it the right way. Slightly increasing my distance. And hopefullly my speed at the same time.

Whatever happens, I will be running a 5K on November 6th. Even if I'm sick. Or barely moving. You know, because of my back. Or if I have to haul my TPN with me. Even if I pass out halfway through, I'm going to accomplish this run.

Why? Because this event is in memory, of a very special person. Someone that meant the world to me. And I want to honor him in this little way. No matter what, I'm going to accomplish this. I just hope I'm ready for 3 miles of running. In my hometown. I know it's harder to run out there. Especially in the cold weather. ♥

No comments: