BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Sarita!!!



Sarita,

Feliz cumpleanos! I can't believe that you're 5 years old. Where has all the time gone? 5 years old. You are such a big girl now. Almost ready to be in "Big Girl School." Already reading and writing. I'm so proud of you.

5 years ago, I was honored when your Mommy and Daddy asked me to be your Nana. I was also scared. I had never done anything like this. And I saw being your Nana as a HUGE responsibility. I never wanted to let you down. I wanted you to have all the best in life. But on the day that we baptized you, I couldn't help but fall in love. I can still see your cute pink cheeks. Tucked into your little bonnet. What a beautiful baby you were. And what a beautiful little girl you are now!

I know. Your life hasn't been the easiest. Or the best. But you've been such a "Ray of Sunshine" to your Mommy and Daddy. But also to your Nono and me. It's been so fun to watch you grow. I LOVE playing 'Rella with you. And reading. Oh, I think you might have gotten that from me. One day, we'll have our own little library. Just for you and me. :)

Most of all, I LOVE you. All of your besitos y brazos. All the time we spend together. I don't mind watching 'Rella 30 times in 2 days. Because I LOVE to see how excited you get! It's so exciting to watch you grow. And be such a beautiful little girl, inside and out.

I don't think I've ever met any other little girl who loves "Muertos" quite like you. And it makes me smile. Just to see you all dressed up. And dancing with your muertos. You have taught me so much about life and love. I know. I'm supposed to be teaching you. Instead, you're teaching me. And I love it!

I know that you're going to make it through the next few weeks. God is amazing in that way. He wouldn't make these things possible, if he didn't love you. We're going to have so many more years to play and learn together. I'm going to watch you grow big and strong. You're going to be so healthy again. One day, I'll watch as you marry your "Real Life Prince Charmin'."

But for today, I just want you to be happy. I pray for your health and happiness every single day! I want you to be able to eat lots of birthday cake. And dance to your "Matanza Song." You are such a very special little girl. You were sent here to love us all. To teach us about love, life, and happiness. Happy Birthday!

Love,

Your Nana♥

No comments: