BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BLT Tuna Sandwiches

This Guy has to work tonight. And his sister and I, well we made some plans. To do some much needed catching up! I just might want to do some baby cuddling too!

I wanted to make something yummy. But something that was super quick! And portable. Since I'm cooking it at home, but taking it to K's house. By request of the new momma, she wanted something a little light. That's when I remembered this recipe. This week's Gooseberry Patch Free Recipe of the Week.



BLT Tuna Sandwiches

7-oz. pkg. white tuna, drained
3 T. bacon bits
1/4 head lettuce, shredded
1 tomato, diced
1/2 to 1 c. mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
8 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
Garnish: dill pickle spears

Combine tuna, bacon, lettuce and tomato with enough mayonnaise to achieve desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pile tuna mixture high on 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread and serve with pickle spears. Makes 4 sandwiches.


This is what we're going to have for dinner tonight. With a little salad. And of course, some dessert! I'm thinking a trifle of some sort. I've actually made the tuna mix. But with fresh bacon. Not bacon bits. You know, the container type.

I just put the 6 slices of bacon in the oven. And when it was crispy, I took it out, and chopped it up. OK, not all 6 slices went in. 2 were for my lunch...a BLT. :) And now, we have a large bowl of this yummy tuna salad sitting in the fridge. I just think, mayo type of salads, need a little time to sit. And get yummy!

By the way, this cookbook, is on it's way to our house. I just couldn't help myself. We're always on the run. And there are so many great recipes in here. For quick meals! I can't wait to get cooking!

No comments: