BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Farmgirl Chicken & Dumplings

This has been one of those crazy weeks! And by that, I mean I'm exhausted, and I have so many things left to do. All this traveling, has finally gotten to me. On top of that, the weather has been so nutty! So Sunday, I wanted to just "Veg Out." You know what I mean?

Well, this guy had to work. Not all day. But he had to work. And My Bestie, she had some plans with this guy. For later in the evening. What was I going to do? I figured I'd make a nice dinner for My Guy and I. And that's just what I did. Well, after a long recipe search. And a little hunting around our pantry. And what did I make? This week's Gooseberry Patch Free Recipe of the Week. :)



Farmgirl Chicken & Dumplings

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
16-oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 onion, diced
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
1-1/2 c. buttermilk biscuit baking mix

Combine chicken, vegetables and onion in a slow cooker. Set aside 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon broth; pour remaining broth into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours. Stir biscuit mix with reserved broth until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over hot chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on high setting for 10 minutes; uncover. Cook for an additional 20 minutes, until dumplings are done. Serves 4 to 6.


And darn, this is so yummy! And super easy to make! Ridiculously easy to be honest! When My Guy left for work, I started this little project. With my search, and prep, I had it cooking in less than an hour. Then I cuddled up with our dogs, my crochet project, and a few good movies. By the time my Mr. got home, dinner was ready. With a little peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

This is one of those recipes, that I'm going to make many times over. It was that good! And like I said, super easy! My Guy told me, that this is one of his favorite dinners, that I've made. And that's saying a lot! He's definitely got his favorites. Ones that he asks for, over and over. I'm thinking, this is going to be one of them. :)

I honestly can't believe how easy this was to make, and how tasty it was. This could easily be one of my "go-to" meals, when I have a long night of studying ahead. Oh, and I also bought this cookbook. I can't wait to actually get it. And see what kind of yummy recipes are inside!

No comments: