BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be Mine Cherry Brownies

Yesterday was Valentine's Day! And around here, we enjoyed a nice and quiet holiday. Alone. It was heaven! Something we don't get to do often. But we cherished every single moment!

I did lots of cooking for My Guy. Something that I absolutely LOVE to do! And he spoiled me with lots of nice gifts. Which was incredibly sweet,and unexpected! But back to that cooking. Earlier this week, I had been looking for some good dessert recipes. My Guy likes him some dessert! And I baked for almost 2 days. :) One of the recipes that I used, was this week's Gooseberry Patch Free Recipe of the Week.



Be Mine Cherry Brownies

18.3-oz. pkg. fudge brownie mix
3 1-oz. sqs. white baking chocolate
1/3 c. whipping cream
1 c. cream cheese frosting
1/4 c. maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
1-1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. butter
Garnish: candy sprinkles

Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions. Line a 13"x9" baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving several inches on sides for handles. Spray bottom of foil with non-stick vegetable spray; spread batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 24 to 26 minutes; let cool. Lift brownies from pan; remove foil. Use a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut brownies. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white baking chocolate and whipping cream for one to 2 minutes, stirring until chocolate is melted; refrigerate 30 minutes. Stir frosting and cherries into chilled chocolate mixture; spread over brownies. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter for one to 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Transfer to a plastic zipping bag, snip off a tip and drizzle over brownies. Garnish with sprinkles. Makes 14.


So I can't lie! I got this cookbook as a gift. From K. She knows that I collect cookbooks. And that Gooseberry Patch is my favorite! This is one, that I've had on my list, for a little while. K actually gave it to me, right before we left. And it has been such a treat to have! I've already made 3 different desserts!

The funny thing is, I had flagged this recipe. In the cookbook. It was one of my favorites. But when I saw it this week, as the Gooseberry Patch Free Recipe of the Week, I knew that I just had to make it! Even if we, had to make a midnight run to the grocery store. Luckily, not on Valentine's Day. I realized I was missing 2 ingredients, 2 days before. :)

My Guy also told me, that he enjoyed this little treat. Though we both agreed, one is more than enough. These brownies are pretty sweet. But a nice change. I'm pretty sure that I can find a friend, or two, that would like to finish off our little stash. After all, we should share! I'm telling you, there is nothing like chocolate and cherries. And these were well worth, the midnight run to the grocery store!

No comments: