BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

French Dip Au Jus

For as long as I can remember, I've been a big fan of the "French Dip." My parents have always been fans of eating out. As in, we're ridiculously good friends, with more waiters, waitresses, managers, cooks, and restaurants owners, than I'd like to admit to. Just because, how embarrassing, these people are closer than family! I'm not lying. :)



Anyway, because of our close relationships, I'd get to eat whatever I wanted. Yes, even as a 4 year old. They'd just turn it into a fun kid-sized meal. And my love affair with the "French Dip" began. Maybe that's why I almost died of happiness yesterday. When I found this week's, Gooseberry Patch, Free Recipe of the Week. Love I tell you!


French Dip Au Jus

3 to 4-lb. beef rump roast
1 c. soy sauce
1-1/2 oz. pkg. onion soup mix
6 to 8 hoagie buns, split

Place roast in a slow cooker; pour soy sauce over top. Sprinkle soup mix over roast; fill slow cooker with enough water to cover roast. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours. Slice or shred meat; serve on rolls. Pour juices from slow cooker into small bowls for dipping. Makes 6 to 8 sandwiches.


And so, that's what dinner was tonight. Yum, it was delish! A little bit of heaven. With homemade french fries, a yummy salad, and a summer cobbler. If I continue to eat like this, I'll be required to run 10 miles a day! But it will be worth it. ♥

No comments: