BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 2, 2009

Missing B



Dear B,

It's been 4 years. 4 years ago, you walked through the Gates of Heaven. I miss you B. Big O misses you. We all do! Sarita calls you her Angel. But I know, you are an Angel to all of us.

I can't believe how many things have happened in the last 4 years. How many things have changed. I've met an amazing man. I know you would like him. His sense of humor, it reminds me a lot of you. Sometimes when I'm sitting quietly, I think about us. How fun it would have been, to have you and Big O over for dinner. You'd love it out here. And I know that we'd all get along so well!

But life changed. So much. Is it nuts that I still go to e-mail you? Or that I've had at least 8 cellphones in the last 4 years. And I still put your number in my contacts. But that's the kind of friend that you were.

A close one. Someone I'd call when I found the perfect lipgloss. Or when something horrible had happened. I know, you would have been the first person, I would have called when I met My Guy. Or after our first date. We would talk about silly things. Like what kind of cologne he wore. Or the music he was playing in his car.

I miss you B. I miss going to your house. I miss seeing how happy you and Big O were. How your dogs would chase us around. And that laugh of yours. B I miss you. You were the first of my "Family of Friends." The first person to really welcome me to the group. To show me around.

And through all of that, we became the best of friends. So close! Joking about my horrible love life. Or lack thereof. I miss going to lunch and trying all sorts of weird and new foods. But most of all, I just miss you. Talking to you. Listening to you.

B, I know that you are in a better place. That you are no longer in pain. You're no longer hurting or suffering. But B, we all miss you. I'm not the only one. We still sit and talk about you. Look through pictures. Just so we don't forget. Because how can we forget you? You were an amazing friend! B Rest in Peace with all the Angels. And until we meet again...

Besitos,
La Chiquitita

No comments: