BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 12, 2009

Coat of Many Colors

This is one of those songs that I've always liked. I don't know why. But as a young girl, this was one of my all time favorite songs. I'd sing it around the house. I just loved it.

I think part of it is because my Mom used to sew a lot of my clothes. It's not that we couldn't afford to buy clothes. But my Mom likes to sew. And she'd make me so many cute things. Dresses for our school concerts, fun clothes for vacations, and the best dresses for the holidays. Those were always me favorite clothes. ALWAYS!

I can sit here and tell you about all the nights I'd go to bed, and my Mom would stay up sewing. My bedroom was on one side of the dining room. My Mom's sewing room on the other. I'd leave my door open, just to hear her sewing machine going. I knew that she was working hard on something special that I'd get to wear to school the next day. :)

There has never been a Halloween when my Mom didn't make me a costume. She would always ask me what I wanted to be, and like some miracle, it would come to life. Everything from Pebbles (bone included for my hair) to Scarlett from Gone with the Wind (my favorite movie and book.)

My Mom always made my clothes. She sewed my crib bedding and curtains for my nursery. She made me so many dresses. And blankets. Every Easter, my Mom would make me and my favorite doll a matching Easter dress. She would even take store bought gloves, socks, and hats...and she'd add her own personal touch. Little things like beads, ribbon, and lace.

As you can see, my Mom is an amazing woman. She's my hero. A lover of crafts. And definitely a lover of country music. So as I've gotten older, this song has definitely had a special place in my heart. It reminds me of my Mom. I just don't have the words to tell you how much I love my Mom. And how lucky I am to have her in my life.




This song has definitely touched me in many ways. This particular video, I really love it. My favorite song, and 2 of my favorite country singers. And I'm going to be honest here, I just had to take a break to cry. This is how special this song is to me. It will always remind me of my Mom. What a very special lady she is. ♥

No comments: