BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kate's Bonfire Choco-Chip Cake

This has been, one of those fun weeks! We don't get a lot of time, to spend with friends. Or at home. This happens to be one, of those unusual weeks. And we're loving it!

First of all, a bunch of my friends are in town. We're performing all week! At My Guy's club. And you know what, it's been a lot of fun. And we still have 5 more shows! :)

But we've been taking full advantage, of having friends over. And family. :) We've had lots of cookouts, races, bonfires, afternoons on the lake, and just plan old fun! One of the yummiest things we've had all week, is this cake. Which happens to be this week's Free Recipe of the Week, from Gooseberry Patch.



Kate's Bonfire Choco-Chip Cake

18-1/4 oz. pkg chocolate cake mix, 2-layer size
3-1/4 oz. pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 c. oil
8 oz. sour cream
3 eggs
1 c. water
1 c. chocolate chips
powdered sugar

In a big bowl, combine all ingredients but chocolate chips & powdered sugar. Beat on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium to high speed 2 minutes. Batter will be thick. Stir in chips by hand. Pour batter into greased & floured 10" fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or 'til pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Remove & cool - sift with powdered sugar.



This was such an easy recipe. I actually made 3 cakes! We had a lot of people to feed. And they were gone, in no time! A few friends were wondering about the recipe. And I promised them, that I'd post it. Because something this delicious, you just have to share!

My Guy's birthday, is later this week. And he hinted to me, that he'd like this cake. But not to tell anyone! He is just too funny. :) But this is definitely a recipe, that I'm going to add to my recipe box. It was that good! Oh, and I just ordered this cookbook. I can't wait for it to get here!

No comments: