BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Maple Syrup Shortbread



One of my favorite things about the holidays, is baking. I just love it! And I LOVE to try new recipes. Yum! That's probably why I'm so excited about this week's Gooseberry Patch Free Recipe of the Week. A yummy shortbread cookie! By the way, this cookbook is AMAZING!



Maple Syrup Shortbread


1/2 c. plus 1 T. butter, softened and divided
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. maple syrup
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract
Optional: 1/2 c. chopped walnuts


Blend 1/2 cup butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour a little at a time, mixing continually; blend well. Pat mixture into a lightly greased 8"x8" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees until light golden, about 25 minutes; remove from oven and set aside. Stir together brown sugar, syrup and remaining butter. Add egg and vanilla; mix until smooth. Pour evenly over baked shortbread; sprinkle with walnuts. Return to oven; bake at 350 degrees until topping sets, about 20 minutes. Let cool; cut into 1-1/2"x1-1/2" squares. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 1-1/2 dozen.



Yum! I've baked 2 batches of these already. And they are so delish! I'm also making a few of the other recipes in this cookbook. Do you have any favorite cookie recipes that I should know about? I'd love to try some of your favorite recipes. ♥

No comments: