BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Friends...

I've been in a bit of a horrible place lately. With a certain friend. It seems like I'm the only one that reaches out and tries. A bit troubling in a friendship. Don't you think?

I call her. I e-mail. I plan out get togethers. I buy her gifts for Christmas or her birthday. I always remember to call her on her birthday. But her, I don't hear from her. Unless she wants to meet for lunch. But if she knows I'm not going to be around, I don't hear from her. It makes me mad. And sad.

But the one thing that really bothers me, is I've seen her steal. Not once, not even twice. But multiple times. I didn't know what to do. And I didn't know what to say. Because it was stupid stuff that she took. And how do you say anything?

The first time, it was Burt's Bees hand salve. The second time, it was Rose hand salve. Then it was pens at Staples. Pens at Target. Then lipgloss at Walgreen's. So I avoided her. It didn't all happen at once. But over time. Maybe 4 years or so. My final straw was when she stole from me! OK, it wasn't a million dollars or anything. But some lipglosses from my purse. I don't think she figured that I'd notice. But I did. And I think that was low. In fact, if she would have even said that she liked them, I would have probably gave them to her.

So her I am. I've avoided her. I've not seen her in well over 6 months. But I'm not sure if I should actually bring this up. Or just stop talking. Because in the last few days, she's called and e-mailed. I haven't responded to either.

I mean, I don't want people like this in my life. But what so I do? Do I say something? Do I ask her about it? Or do I just stop responding to her? ♥

No comments: