BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Seafood Stew

It's been ridiculously cold around here. Lots of traveling. Lots of different temps. Lots of chaos. Makes me think of Christmas. I know. But it's the truth. And last week, I found myself in one of my favorite places. Barnes and Noble. With my friend, Vi.

We're foodies. Through, and through. We met years ago, in college. Studying nutrition. There is an unbreakable bond there. And well, have I mentioned our love of food? That means, we spent most of 2 hours, browsing through the cookbooks. And eventually, I made a purchase.

Like I said, it's been chilly. Makes you want to curl up, with a big 'ol bowl of soup. That is exactly what was on this man's mind. Especially after he read this week's Gooseberry Patch, Recipe of the Week. Yes, My Guy checks out these recipes too. And in fact, e-mailed this one to me. Let's just keep that between you and me! ;)


Seafood Stew

2-1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. long-cooking rice, uncooked
2 t. chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
14-1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
2-1/4 c. green, red and yellow peppers, thinly sliced
1/2 c. onion, thinly sliced
1/2-lb. fillet orange roughy, cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 lb. frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed
3/4 c. orange juice concentrate

In a saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil. Add rice, chili powder and garlic. Stir well; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Add tomatoes, peppers and onion. Cover; cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add fish, shrimp and orange juice. Cover; simmer over low heat for 2 to 4 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp are heated through. Serves 4.



Funny how I bought this book. and I just skimmed over this recipe. Not paying too much attention. But this guy, he got me interested in this recipe. In fact, right this minute, I have a pot of this simmering away. I can't wait until dinner! Heck, I NEED to go through this cookbook some more. Everything sounds so yummy! ♥

No comments: