BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

This week, I was a little surprised, when this guy, asked me to make this recipe. Why? He never "hunts" for recipes. He almost never, requests a certain dish. He's just an easy going kind of a guy.

To be honest, I was totally going to skip this recipe. It just didn't appeal to me. I don't know what it was, but it just didn't sound good. I actually had another recipe in mind, for this week. But, I said, why not.

Yesterday, My Guy and I headed out for the supplies. Heck, he made it really easy on me. Picking up some fresh pizza dough, from one of our favorite pizza places. And the rest was history. If you'd like to try it out too, don't forget that I'm using this week's Free Recipe of the Week from Gooseberry Patch!



Barbecue Chicken Pizza

12-inch Italian pizza crust
3 c. cooked chicken, shredded
1 c. barbecue sauce
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

Place pizza crust on a lightly greased 12" pizza pan; set aside. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spread on pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheeses melt and crust is crisp. Serves 4.



This was such a quick and easy recipe! Like I said, we picked up pizza dough, from our local pizza place. A total time saver! And you know that it will ALWAYS be delish! We also picked up a rotisserie chicken. And this guy was smart. He picked up a BBQ one! It added so much more flavor. :) Literally, in 5 minutes, we had 2 pies in the oven. And it made for a very yummy lunch!

We couldn't have asked for an easier, more delicious recipe! Perfect, for sharing with some itty bitties. Like we did. With a yummy salad, it was just perfect! :) Maybe this guy, needs to pick out more recipes for us! Now we're off to go enjoy some more "down time."

No comments: