BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Sweets

I'm currently on a flight to my hometown. Why? For a Craft Fair! My Mom and I always get 2 tables. It's held at our church. And since the first year, we've always gone. We do it more for the fun, then the actually financial side of it. And to support our church.

But I do have to say, in the last 3 or 4 years, we've made a pretty good amount of money. And that never hurts during this time of year. So we have totes and totes of of crafts. We make them all year long, and just keep adding to our inventory. I also happen to have 2 suitcases with me. Loaded with things I've made over the last few weeks. So I'm pretty excited about today.

I'm a little sad that I will be missing my Family Reunion though. It's a somewhat small one on my Dad's side of the family. It was last minute. Mostly because one of my Dad's cousins, is really sick. And they don't expect her to make it past the winter. In years past, we've had much larger reunions, during the summer. But this was just too important to pass up. So I've agreed to man the Craft Fair tables alone. So that my parents can go to the Family Reunion. Yes, it's that important. In fact, had we not already paid for our tables, my Mom and I would have skipped the Craft Fair altogether this year.

But I suppose that's life. And there's not much else you can do. So I'm sitting here. Flying home. During the only real break I get from performing. But it's important. And sacrifices need to be made. It's all part of life. But I'm determined to have a good day. Oh, I may or may not be browsing Etsy...



I'm quite in love with this Cowl by Yarn Plus Yarn. The shop seems to be out at the moment. But I'm quite in love. I'm thinking a cranberry colored one would be perfect for winter. And at $25, you honestly can't pass it by.

I've noticed since I was first diagnosed, and told that I have to be careful health wise, that I really have stocked up on winter accessories. I've always had a love affair with scarves. But since my diagnosis, I've really fallen hard for winter accessories. It might just be my way of trying to protect myself.

Either way, I see a purchase in my near future. And a very fun day ahead. I hope everyone has a great Sunday! You know, Sunday really is my favorite day of the week! ♥

No comments: