BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Red Velvet Christmas Cookies

One thing that you should know is, I LOVE red velvet cupcakes. LOVE THEM!!! Just thinking about them, makes me want to go bake a batch. Oh. My. Goodness!

This week's Gooseberry Patch Free Recipe of the Week, just hit all the bells and whistles for me! Red Velvet Christmas Cookies! I'm sure that the people at Gooseberry Patch, know that I'm in the middle of my Christmas baking. And wanted me to add these to the mix. But oh my goodness! I might gain 20 lbs this year. Because of this recipe. :)



Red Velvet Christmas Cookies

18-1/2 oz. pkg. red velvet cake mix
1/2 c. oil
2 T. water
2 eggs
12-oz. pkg. white chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from baking sheets. Makes 3 dozen.



Earlier this week, I baked these cookies. 3 batches of them! And guess what? In the matter of hours, they were history!!! And in case you were wondering, I wasn't the only one, that ate them. All my friends were so excited about these cookies. :)

It probably doesn't hurt, that most of my friends are from the "South." And red velvet is a staple there. But we ate. And ate. And ate some more! It's a good thing that we're performing this week. For 2 reasons. 1 can't bake while we're out here. And 2, I burned off a lot of calories!

But honestly, this is going to be a "staple recipe" for me. From now on! If I know you in "Real Life," you can bet your pants, that I'll be adding these, to your Christmas baskets. :) Today is Saturday. And boy, I can't wait for next week to come. When we head home. And I can bake up a few more batches! Oh, and I just might NEED this cookbook too! ♥

No comments: