BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blue Eyed Babes



It's funny. My Guy was asked about kids earlier this week. As in...when is he going to have his own? Well, no one outside of his friends and family, some of my friends, and my Mom, know that we're dating. So his answer made me laugh.

You see, we've been together for almost 2 1/2 years now. We're so happy! And he is my entire world. Yes, My Guy is pretty amazing! And I LOVE him with all of my heart and soul. Yes people, when we're not together, I physically miss him. Being around him. Hearing his voice. The entire works. What I hear, he's pretty miserable without me too.

But the 2 of us, we aren't very sure about marriage. It's kind of funny. And kind of not. But we just haven't known many people that have been happily married...and who have really lasted over time. Well, besides our grandparents. And neither of us are convinced about getting married. Because, we are in a more committed relationship, than most of our married friends and family.

But it's still been nearly 2 1/2 years. And we've talked a lot. About lots of things. We share everything in our lives together. We love each other more than words can say. So the topic of kids has come up, a few times...

When my best friend called me about to die, I knew My Guy must have said something good. And he sure did. Something like..."I'm ready for some kids. I think it's the biggest accomplishment in the world to have a couple of kids. And ya know, raise 'em right. I guess I just need to get on it. Right? That's what they say. You just need to get on it and get-r-done."

Made me laugh. Because it's just him. And it's just us. That's what we want. To have a family. I'm not so sure about "jumping on it." Or what his exact words were. But I know what he was talking about.

I know that one day, we will have a couple of "blue eyed babes" of our very own. Let's just say, the blue eyes run on both his and my sides of the family. But when the time is right, I know God will send us a special bundle to love, grow, and protect. Until then, we're just happy to babysit. ♥

No comments: