BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pineapple Goodie Bars



If you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of sweets. I try to stay away from them. But I'm also a HUGE fan of baking! But it all works out. I try a new recipe out. Taste it, love it, wish I could have more. And then I send the rest with this guy, to his work. Yup, it works out great! So this week's Free Recipe of the Week from Gooseberry Patch, was definitely a hit. I'd recommend it!


Pineapple Goodie Bars

18-oz. tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. candied pineapple, chopped
1/2 c. butterscotch chips
1/2 c. sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut

Place cookie dough in a bowl; stir until softened. Add remaining ingredients except coconut; mix well. Pat mixture evenly into a 13"x9" greased baking pan. Sprinkle coconut over top and press lightly. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool; cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen.


Yum! The perfect dessert for summer. If only I'd eat one bar. But when can you ever have one of anything sweet? That's why I send almost the entire pan, with this guy. I figure he needs the calories more than me. But they are delish! ♥

No comments: