BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 16, 2011

BLT Pasta Salad

This is one of my favorite cookbooks. Funny how it came about. I was picking up my textbooks, at my university's bookstore. And while I was waiting in line, which took 3 hours, I found this book. Did you get that? I was in line for 3 hours! I also spent $3600 on textbooks. So the extra $15...wasn't really going to kill me. Know what I mean?

Anyway, I really like this cookbook. For a variety of reasons. Mostly because, the recipes are tasty, fast, and super easy! Our lifestyle is crazy. And fast! So we need to be able whip up dinner in now time. Without further delay, here's this week's Free Recipe of the Week from Gooseberry Patch.



BLT Pasta Salad

8-oz. pkg. elbow macaroni, cooked
4 c. tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
3 c. shredded lettuce
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. sour cream
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 t. sugar
2 t. cider vinegar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Rinse macaroni in cold water; drain and pour into a serving bowl. Add next 3 ingredients; toss gently and set aside. Mix remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl; stir well. Pour over macaroni mixture; gently toss until well coated. Serve immediately. Makes 10 servings.



Thursday night, we had a cookout. Invited a bunch of friends over. My Guy grilled. Tons of food! And I made a bunch of salads. Including this one. I just didn't rinse the macaroni. I NEVER rinse pasta! But it was so yummy! Don't forget to give it a few hours, to hangout in the refrigerator. All the flavors just melt together. And there is just something about this dressing. It was so tasty. And different. I'd definitely recommend it for your next cookout!

No comments: