BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Colorful Living

If there is anyone one thing that you should know about me, it's that I suffer from OCD. Yes, I said suffer from. Because it's tough to live with. You have a certain way that you do everything. And I mean everything!

Since I was little, I've been organizing everything. And I mean everything! My first memory of this, is when I was 3 years old. And I decided that my books would be "happier" if I color coded them. So I took them all out of my bookcase, and I organized them.

It was only the beginning of things to come. But you know what, I really like the way books look organized by color. Yes, I do! When I came across these pictures, well, they just sorta made me smile. And remember those days.



I just enjoy the clean look of this room. The white walls and bedding. And the fun background of colorful books. I think this would be a fun look for a kid's room. With lots of colorful accessories. Carefully sprinkled around.



Or this fun shelf! Yes, this is a fun look. A nice way to organize a family's books. In a family room, this could be fun. I'd prefer a more substantial bookcase though. Something black. Yes, that would also be nice.



This is probably my favorite look. It doesn't take up too much space, or distract too much. It actually reminds me of a piece of art. Yes, books can be art. Or can add a fun "pop of color" to any space.

Yes, this makes me happy. No, I'm not going to tackle all of our books, in the house. Too much color in our perfectly decorated rooms, would distract me. I've got another way of organizing these days. But I think this would be a fun idea for a white room. A room that is more simple, a little more basic. Yes, this would add to any space that is a little plain. ♥

No comments: