BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 29, 2011

Back to Reality



Yes, we're really back to reality. Full force. This Mr. is back at work. I'm swimming in e-mails. And the dogs are begging me, to go for a walk. Yes, we are back to life. Constantly ringing cellphones and all!

But it's nice. There is always something good, about digging into a busy life. Getting knee deep in things, that need to be done immediately. Making sure the Mr. gets breakfast and lunch, between his crazy schedule. Trying to figure out what we're having for dinner. The same dinner, that we invited 30 co-workers to. And trying, so hard, to include a little bit of exercise in there. Somewhere. Anywhere in my day.

People just look at me, with a completely blank stare, when I tell them about our days. All the things we have to cram into 24 hours. How we manage this schedule. What the Mr. does for a living. How I manage to be a full time Med student, with this insane internship. Oh, all while battling the Big C.

I'll be the first to admit it. It's not always easy. But it's a good life. The life I chose to share with this man. And at the end of the day, when I crawl into bed, to tell him all about my day, I'm glad he's there to cuddle with. We talk about crazy patients, dumb papers, publicity stuff, cars, new business ideas, silly pets, and our dreams for our future. It's the best way to end any day. Wrapped in his arms, dreaming about our life together!

As we look at a solid 4 months of "Being on the Go," I'm OK with it. Because I have this man at my side. Ready to catch me when I fall. Excited to walk this path with me. And even when dinner doesn't come out, just the way that I had imagined, he's OK with it. Because together, we laugh at the silliness of our lives. Even if it leaves us eating PB&J at midnight. While trying to figure out where our luggage is. Yes, we're back to reality!

No comments: