BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 26, 2012

Aunt Ruby's Sweet Potatoes

Yes, I'm so excited for Fall!!! Not about the current weather we are having. Hurricane Sandy, please stay away. But I'm ready for the cooler temps. I'm ready for hearty Fall cooking, sweater wearing, and lots of holiday decorating!!!

This week's Gooseberry Patch, Free Recipe of the Week, is right up my alley!!! Sweet Potatoes. One of my favorite things to eat. Period! I'm that woman, that buys sweet potatoes in July. :) Yes, I like them that much. Now, I have one more yummy recipe. Just in time for Fall!!!



Aunt Ruby's Sweet Potatoes

3 c. sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c. milk Brown Sugar

Topping: 1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. butter, softened
1 c. chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients together. Spoon into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. For Brown Sugar Topping, combine ingredients; mix well. Then sprinkle with Brown Sugar Topping. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Serves 8.



Yum! This was good. Really tasty to be exact. I actually made this, for breakfast. Just this morning. I'm such a "Lover of Fall." And of sweet potatoes. This hits all those "bells and whistles" for me. :) And you see that it says it serves 8? Yeah, I ate half of this...just a little while ago...

I'm thinking, this would make a nice side dish. Maybe with pork chops, or chicken breasts. With a nice little salad. Yum! I think I just figured out, what we're having for dinner. :) Hey Hills and Barracuda, want to join us? ♥

No comments: