BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wise Owl Tote Bag: Week 1

Welcome Back Crocheters!!! Cari and I are so excited to get this "Crochet Along" started. I've gotten tons and tons of e-mails. So I am happy to say, this is already a HUGE success!!! And if you still want to join, we'd LOVE to have you! Just leave Cari or I a comment. Or send me an e-mail at SweetNightingaleSing (at) gmail (dot) com.



This week is going to be fairly easy. You need to print out this pattern, and buy the supplies. That's it! Easy as can be. :) That's how I like to start projects.

For me, the most difficult thing about starting a projecting, is buying he supplies. I know! You will need 1 skein of yarn for the body of the owl. I'm thinking that dusty purple color that Red Heart makes. And a decent amount, less than a skein, of a different color for the inner eyes and heart. I'll probably go with Aran. Funny how that's the only name I remember. But recently, I've been working on lots of dolls. :)

You will also need a small amount of another color for the outer eyes. I'm going with a dusty green. And a small amount of orange for the beak. For these 2 colors, I'd say you could use scraps. At least that's what I'm going to do. I have A LOT of scraps that need to be used up!

Come back next Sunday, and we'll actually get started on our bags. But I figured with all that we have going on during Summer, some of us might need the week to prepare. Have a wonderful week!

No comments: