BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 23, 2010

Fruit Pizza



Doesn't this look yummy? I think so! It's a fruit pizza. And one of my favorite things to make. I found a recipe on All Recipes. That's where I got this picture too. But it looks so yummy! And I want to make one tonight.

Me? I just wing it. I actually baked a pizza crust a little while ago. And after dinner, I'll put the whole thing together. I'm thinking it would be a great dessert tonight. And what am I going to put on top? Berries, kiwi, peaches, plums, and some grapes. I just mix up some cream cheese, a little sugar, and whipped cream. Really yummy!

I'm going to include the recipe I found. So you can follow it. But I definitely think you should try it out. Because it is delicious! Especially when you have fruit that is a little overripe and sweet. Happy Summer! ♥



Ingredients

1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

2 cups sliced fresh strawberries

1/2 cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon orange zest


Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice cookie dough and arrange on greased pizza pan, overlapping edges. Press dough flat into pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.

2.In a large bowl, soften cream cheese, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. You can chill for a while at this point, or continue by arranging the fruit.

3.Begin with strawberries, sliced in half. Arrange in a circle around the outside edge. Continue with fruit of your choice, working towards the middle. If bananas are used, dip them in lemon juice so they don't darken. Then make a sauce to spoon over fruit.

4.In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice and water. Cook and stir over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, and add grated orange rind. Allow to cool, but not set up. Spoon over fruit. Chill for two hours, then cut into wedges and serve.

No comments: