BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 7, 2010

Strawberry Yogurt Cones

Remember how I told you that I LOVE strawberries? I just can't get enough. Having our own strawberry plants doesn't help either. It just makes me want to sit and eat all day and night!

I was looking for some yummy, and different snacks. Because our strawberry bushes are really starting to produce some nice berries. :) Not to mention, all the great deals at the grocery store. I found this "recipe." It's simple, healthy, and yummy! I've been enjoy some fresh strawberries on top of my yogurt cone for about a month now. Why didn't I think of this? All of my favorites. Here's the "recipe."




Strawberry Yogurt Cones

1 cup fresh California strawberries, stemmed and halved
1 cup non-fat yogurt: plain, vanilla or lemon
4 waffle cones
Colored sprinkles or granola, for garnish


Directions
In bowl, gently mix together strawberries and yogurt, reserving 2-3 halves for garnish. Spoon into waffle cones, dividing mixture equally. If desired, garnish with sprinkles or granola and remaining strawberry slices. Serve with spoons. Makes 4 servings.


Honestly, I'm really enjoying this. I've been cutting up strawberries and putting them in the bottom of a cone. Then I add about between 1/2-1 cup of yogurt. Just plain. It's what I eat for breakfast. So I buy the big container. Then I add some sliced strawberries on top, with some sliced almonds. This is definitely one of my new favorite snacks! ♥

No comments: