BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Strawberry Angel Cake



If you don't know it yet, I'm in LOVE with strawberries. I'll eat them straight off the plants. I like them mixed with some other berries. Frozen. Macerated with whipped cream. They're good in pies. Honestly, any which way that you give them to me, I'll eat them!

Like I've said before, Gooseberry Patch is a great place to sign up for free recipes and tips. This week, the recipe is for a Strawberry Angel Cake. Yummy! I think I'm going to make it today. We're going to My Guy's Grandma's house for dinner. I'm sure she would also enjoy it!

I'm going to "tweek" the recipe a bit though. I'm going to bake an Angel Food Cake. It makes me feel less guilty about eat 3 servings! :) And I'm going to make some macerated berries, instead of using the strawberry ice cream topping. To me, it just makes it a bit more healthy. You know, anything that makes me feel less guilty about eating a few servings!



Strawberry Angel Cake
Submitted by: Lisa Johnson from Hallsville, Texas

16-oz. baked angel food cake
2 c. whipping cream
2/3 c. strawberry ice cream topping
2 pts. strawberries, hulled and halved


Slice cake horizontally into 4 layers; set aside. In a chilled bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat whipping cream and topping until stiff peaks form. Place bottom layer of cake on a cake plate; frost with a 1/2-inch layer of whipped cream mixture. Repeat with remaining cake layers. Frost entire cake with remaining whipped cream mixture, making sure to cover top and sides of cake. Arrange berries over top and sides, pressing firmly into whipped cream. Serve immediately or keep chilled up to 8 hours. Makes 10 servings.


I hope you enjoy this recipe. It really does sound yummy! No matter if you're following the recipe to a T, or if you're like me. I generally use recipes as inspiration. Or as guide. Don't forget to sign up for the great e-mails from Gooseberry Patch! ♥

No comments: