BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 12, 2012

Country Fried Steak

We've been on the road, for roughly 2 weeks straight. It doesn't stress me out. Well, except on the weekends. And honestly, just this past weekend. Because we didn't have our "Home on Wheels." And that means, no cooking. Just eating out. I'm not a big fan. Chalk it up to, my childhood. And almost all our meals, eaten at a restaurant...

So I'm relieved, that we've decided on a "pit stop" at our home. In the Southwest. Which mean, a little cooking. And what's on the menu? How about Gooseberry Patch's Free Recipe of the Week. Country Fried Steak! Sounds yummy to me. :)


Country-Fried Steak
 
1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. paprika
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 lbs. beef cube steak, cut into 8 pieces
1 c. milk
1/4 c. oil
2.6-oz. pkg. country gravy mix, prepared

Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper; set aside. Dip steak into milk, then into flour mixture, pressing to coat thoroughly. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add steak and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and tender. Top with prepared gravy. Makes 8 servings.



Yes, this sounds delicious! And oh so easy. So easy, I'm thinking that we need to have yummy mashed potatoes, some veggies, and maybe even fresh baked bread. And you know, with this man and me, a cobbler and ice cream, are also a "MUST!" I can't wait to get into the kitchen! ♥

No comments: