BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 22, 2011

He's Got A Way...

In case you don't know it, I love My Guy! Full heartily love this man! Yes, the one that is fast asleep right here. Face palm, hair sticking up, curled up in the blankets. I LOVE HIM! And just getting to see him, that just made my entire week! Have I mentioned just how much I've missed him?

Lately, things have been nuts! Honest to goodness...life has just been crazy. My Dad being this sick, has really thrown us all for a loop. Who would have thought he would spend days in the ICU. Especially for Christmas? Christmas was celebrated sometime between Christmas and New Year's Day. Yes, it took us days to get through our few gifts, that we bought and wrapped. You know, since we spent all our prime shopping days in the hospital. We were all that wiped out...

But then, you have me and My Guy. Our plans were just murdered. Seriously. He snuck around the hospital. You know, so I could cry on his shoulder. And he could hold me, and tell me that everything was going to be OK. You know, between praying for my Dad, talking to friends and family, and making sure my Mom was OK. Did I mention? I don't think I've slept more than 4 hours at a time, in well over a month. So to say, that we've totally skipped out on life and the holidays...well that is a HUGE understatement.

But then, My Guy is pretty incredible. And super understanding. He totally gets that I need to be with my family right now. And that our pile of gifts could wait until...well I don't know when. My Guy also understood, that this was not the time, to meet my entire family. Nor my Dad.

Fast forward a bit. This weekend. It had been circled on the calendar for a while. No. Not because, it is officially the first day he had off, since going back to work. Nope. His sister is getting married. As in later today!!! :)

I worked out some minor details with my Mom. Told my Dad that I had a "work thing" that I couldn't miss. And I caught a flight out east. Yesterday, I felt like a 5 year old on Christmas morning. Just waiting, to see the man I love. Yes. I was that lady! :)

And he didn't disappoint. No way Jose! We managed some quiet time. You know, between all the wedding stuff, and family stuff. And we just hung out. Caught up on life. To be honest, I just wanted to cuddle. To be safe in this man's arms once again. It was definitely the way to spend our night.




This song, it just reminds me of My Guy. This amazing man that I love. And that loves me with all his heart. I know this. Not just because he tells me all the time. But because he shows me all the time. I'm truly blessed. Even if, we just have this weekend to spend together...

It's been a tough month for my family. For me. And for our relationship. But there is always so much love, between My Guy and I. It doesn't matter if there are a billion miles between us. We know we have each other.

I feel like nothing, could ever, go really wrong. As long as My Guy is standing right beside me. He makes life amazing. And so fun! If I haven't already said this a million times, I'm a very lucky woman. Just to know that there is a human being, that loves me this much. So much, that I see it in his eyes, every time that he looks at me. I feel it in his arms, every single time he holds me. And it's in his voice, every single, solitary time that we talk. I just know that he loves me. And that folks, is what helps me through all the tough days. The Big C, Dad's health emergency, life...he's just got this way about life, that let's me know, just how much he loves me. At the end of the day, I can't ask for anything more.

No comments: