BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Searching For Pineapples...

Way back when, I was browsing the aisles of Wal-Mart. At 3AM. Where I live, that's the best time to shop. Almost no one, is in the store. And in a college town, that's rare. Where our local store is booming with college aged shoppers until 2AM. And the "family types," take over around 6AM.

Well, on this particular day, I found some pineapple candles. I can just imagine what you are thinking. But I have a soft place in my heart, for the pineapple. Since I was little, I've always preferred pineapple juice, over all other juices. Weird? I don't know. But it's the truth.

So at 3AM, I found myself buying 12 pineapple candles. It didn't hurt, that the sweet yellow color, matched my guest bathroom perfectly. The scent was light. And not overly sweet. But it scented the bathroom nicely. Just a light hint, of pineapple. Fresh pineapple. Not something artificial.


This went well with everything else in my life. At the time. The palm trees, that were in my backyard. My daily fresh pineapple snack. The soft glow of candles, when I'd get home, from a long day at work.

Fast forward. 2 or 3 years. And I was on my last 2 candles. During any other time in my life, I'd have gone through those candles, in less than a year. But I was no splitting my time, between 2 homes, and the open road. It was a good thing. It extended my little stash. But now, I'm missing those candles. And that time in my life...

I took to Wal-Mart, about 18 months ago. Searching for my beloved candles. With no luck! I searched and searched. Spent months. Asked friends. Looked for other candles. Searched on eBay. But I've had no luck!

So I figured, I'd take to my blog. And ask, has anyone seen a pineapple candle? Any brand. Any store. But I'm looking for just a pineapple candle. I've found candles, a variety of combinations. But the other scents, overwhelm the pineapple.

I hope someone can help me. Point me in the right direction. I know, years ago I found those candles in Spring. So maybe someone has seen something. Or maybe you know of a good Etsy shop. I want a realistic scent. Something that reminds me of fresh pineapple. Thank You ahead of time, for all your help!