BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 8, 2013

Peachy Keen Spring Afghan

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed, as of late. There is so much going on. With life in general. Then you add in, all these new babies. Weeks away from making their "Grand Entrance." And I'm behind. Way behind!!!

So I've been crocheting. Every possible, free second that I have, I'm crocheting. In the car. During my breaks. While I watch TV. When I'm reading blogs. Heck, when I'm talking on the phone. And I'm feeling "burnt out."

Tired of all the "regular" patterns. And the pastel colors. Heck, with blue and pink. But I'm trying not to "lose faith" here. I'm looking for new things. Making up baby blanket patterns. Opting for brighter colors of yarn. And searching out a few new patterns. Like this one.


I don't remember how I first found this pattern. But immediately, I wanted to make it. And as crazy as it sounds, I'm thinking "outside the box." I have a few skeins of chocolate brown yarn. And I'm thinking that would be a nice little present. Something that a new dad, won't mind carrying around.

Maybe after a random project like this, I'll be back to the pretty pastels. Because this peach really is pretty. Or maybe that blue-ish green color. Something slightly different. But still fitting for a new baby, and Spring.