BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 8, 2013

Portabella-Basil Alfredo

I don't know if I've ever shared this with you, or not. But I'm one the biggest fans of mushrooms. Ever! I'm serious. It hasn't always been that way. My Mom is a HUGE mushroom fan. Always has been. But me. It took me a while to get "on board."

But once I did, there was no turning back. Not at all! I must buy 2 boxes of mushrooms, from COSTCO a week! I eat them raw. I add them to my favorite recipes. Heck, I just enjoy them every single day.

So when I got this yummy cookbook recently, there was no looking back! I was thumbing through, and noticed a certain little recipe. I wanted to make it immediately! But with all this traveling, it was pushed back.

Until this week. And I was at home. Looking at one of my favorite websites. Hello! Gooseberry Patch posted this recipe. It's this week's Recipe of the Week! A match made in Heaven!!!




Portabella-Basil Alfredo

16-oz. pkg. spinach fettuccine pasta, uncooked
1 T. olive oil
5 portabella mushrooms, chopped
3 c. milk
1-1/2 t. garlic salt
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, cubed
3-oz. pkg. cream cheese, cubed
1-1/2 t. dried basil
1-1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes; drain any extra liquid from pan. Add milk and garlic salt to skillet; heat just to boiling. Stir in both packages of cream cheese and basil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted. Stir in Parmesan cheese; cook over low heat until melted, about 3 minutes. Serve over pasta. Makes 8 to 10 servings.



This was dinner Wednesday. Mostly because we've been so busy. And haven't been to the grocery store. I had everything on hand. And whipped this up in no time! I made a few changes. I added onions. In this house, we LOVE them! And I used a few cloves of garlic. You know, instead of garlic salt. The flavors just melted together. And made such a yummy meal!

We had some friends in town, and this was dinner. It was fast enough, for a weeknight meal. But tasty enough, for company. I also made some homemade bread, a salad, and some dessert. It was yummy! And you should try it too. And soon! Thanks again, to Brooke for the yummy cookbook!!! ♥