BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

Strawberry Almond Salad



I've been searching for some yummy strawberry recipes. For one, straberries are my favorite fruit. Honestly, me and strawberries go way back! And secondly, I found a great deal on strawberries this week. I got 2 flats for $5. Not pints my friends, flats!

I really want to make something yummy. Tomorrow I'm going to make strawberry french toast for breakfast. Yum! It already has my mouth watering. What else can I make? After a quick search, I found this Strawberry Almond Salad. I'm so excited to try this tomorrow too!


Strawberry Almond Salad

Ingredients:

1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup nonfat or light sour cream
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 pint (2 cups) fresh strawberries
1/2 pint (1 cup) fresh raspberries
1/2 pint (1 cup) fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds, dry roasted

Instructions:

1. In a food processor, process cottage cheese until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container; refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm.

2. Put cottage cheese in a bowl; gently fold in sour cream, honey, almond extract.

3. At serving time, slice strawberries and gently combine with other berries in a bowl. Spoon about 1/3 cup berries into individual dessert dishes. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of the cream mixture. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.



By the way, strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges. And the taste pretty good too! I would suggest going to your nearest grocery store. Because strawberries are currently on sale everywhere! And they're delish! ♥

No comments: