BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Girls

Have you ever heard the Beastie Boys’ song “Girls?” The first time I heard it, I was young. I don’t know how old I was. But I liked it. Then when I was a junior in high school, we went to cheerleading camp. We had to learn a dance routine to this song. Don’t laugh, I remembered part of the dance when I heard this song. Completely random. But oh so true!

When the LBs and I got together, they always wanted to use this song. But I resisted it. Mostly because I remembered that dance from cheerleading camp. Not the best memory. Sweaty and grouchy cheerleaders, all crammed into a college basketball arena. Sunburned and in their matching cotton shorts and t-shirts. Listening to this song over and over, trying to remember their next move.

But eventually, the LBs and I found ourselves performing for the troops. And we started to take requests for music. Surprisingly, we got a lot of requests for the Beastie Boys, and this very song! Ya, we did an entire 15 minute routine to the Beastie Boys. “Girls” was our grand finale. Which everyone enjoyed. Everyone probably, but me. But in the end, I was happy to do that routine. It put a smile on our troops’ faces. And that was our job.

So I searched for a video of “Girls.” It was difficult. Because most of the YouTube videos were highly inappropriate for my blog. Oh well. I think this one is OK. You’ll get the gist of the song anyway. But still, every single time I hear this song, I see 100s of cheerleaders dancing to that ridiculous routine, we learned on very hot summer day! ♥




No comments: